Pervasive Software (later acquired by Actian) was a 26 year old integration software company that was growing at a slower pace than the industry. The company needed to find out what was hindering revenue growth and make a plan for ramping growth more rapidly.
Diagnosis and recommendation
Discovered reseller partners were the most profitable customers for the company and offered the greatest opportunity for revenue growth. Additionally, Pervasive had an unusually high partner attrition rate, so keeping more channel partners was key to the success.
After running diagnostics, Margo discovered that the sales team was very effective at closing new reseller partners, but the company lacked partner enablement, training and support. The lack of training and support was impeding partner sales and causing higher attrition rates.
Margo recommended the creation of a global partner program. She identified the key elements of the most successful global channel partner programs and created a strategic plan for launching it.
She created the new Global Pervasive Partner Program and worked with the sales and marketing team to launch it and manage it. This involved creating the processes for ensuring channel partner success:
- Product training
- Sales training
- Marketing and field support
- Relationship development
- Performance evaluations
- Performance improvement plans
- Communications training
Coaching and training teams to maximize partner program
- Identified team and specific sales rep strengths
- Trained leaders and team to use streamlined processes in the new partner program to optimize reseller sales
- Trained leaders how to manage the new processes and partner relationships
- Coached individuals on world class communication skills
Company-wide shift in strategic focus to partners. Immediate reduction of partner churn and increased partner revenue. The numbers in the first two quarters after Partner Program was launched:
- Partner retention increased by 85%
- Partner satisfaction increased by 26%
- Partner revenue increased by 20% and continued to grow
Partners were most profitable customers, yet:
- High partner attrition rate
- Lack of partner program
- Lack of partner enablement
- Lack of partner training or support
- Competitors had all of the above
“Margo provided tremendous value to Pervasive and to me. She does an excellent job helping sustain and grow our partnership business. She has always been passionate, organized, and helpful, all while being relevant to the situation.”
Camden Markley, Director Enterprise Solution Sales, Pervasive
To explore what working together might look like, contact me to set up a free 15 minute call.